i was just nominated for the sunshine bloggers award by Deana at https://eatpraylovemom.wordpress.com/ thanks much hon, she is an awesome woman with a great blog, so if you dont already follow her you should definitely go do so. Its been a while since i was nominated for an award so im tickled.
Here are the rules:
You must thank the blogger who nominated you.
You must answer the questions asked by that blogger.
You must nominate another set of bloggers.
You must ask a few questions of your own to those bloggers.
Notify the bloggers you nominated about the nomination!
Here are the questions that Deana asked me
1. What is your greatest achievement this far in life?
Getting clean and sober, of course being a good wife and mother is up there to, but without dropping the pills and alcohol i wouldn’t be able to do those things very well.
2. Define the word LOVE
A never ending and overwhelming emotion, that is expressed through kindness and understanding and changes every person and every life in the world.
3. If you could go back in time and meet one person, man or woman, who would it be and why? Anne Frank, i have always been fascinated with her story and how strong and smart she was.
4. What is your favorite scent? It doesn’t have to be e perfume, perhaps just a smell that you like… Peach i love the way fresh peaches smell and motor oil, lol.
5. Quick. Type the first five words that come to your mind. Now go back and tell me what those words mean to you!! kids, crazy, love, monkey, wild, those words came to mind because i love my kids but right now they are acting like wild little monkeys and they’re driving me crazy, lol.
My questions for you are.
1. What is the most embarrassing thing you have ever done?
2. If you could change any law what would it be and why?
3. Tell me something that irritates you to no end
4. Do you think Obama is a good president? Why or why not?
5. If you could go anywhere in the world where would you go and why?
and thats it, thanks again Deana. Make sure to check out all the bloggers i nominated, they do not disappoint.
Hey everybody i hope you are all doing well, i was pleasantly surprised this evening when I was nominated for the sisterhood of the world bloggers award by Laura over at http://beginninglifeat43.com/, thanks so much dear that was very sweet. Those of you who do not already follow her should definitely do so, she is a very honest and inspiring woman.
Now as with other awards there are a few rules that come with accepting this award
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their site
2. Display the award logo on your blog
3. Answer the ten questions i ask you
4. Come up with ten new questions for your nominees to answer
5. Nominate ten others for this award
Lauras questions for me were
1. What does sisterhood mean to you, and have you always felt it?
In all honesty sisterhood does not mean that much to me anymore, i have 2 sisters and we used to be very close but we havent spoke in over 3 years now. I am surrounded by my sons and my husband and i am very happy about it.
2. Why do you blog, and what message is your blog trying to send?
I started blogging to help others who suffer with addiction, but it has became an escape for me, a place to be myself and get things off my chest, it has became my refuge.
3. If you could offer me any advice, on my blog, or my message what would it be? (Please be honest, truly).
Continue to be honest and change nothing your blog is great.
4. What is one piece of advice you would give yourself if you could go back in time?
I would tell my self many things not to trust so easily, never pick up a bottle whether alcoholic or prescription, and not to listen to my family because i am worth something whether they believe it or not.
5. Are you happy? If not, do you know why? Or, what does happy mean to you?
Yes i am very happy, i have had the happiest days of my life in the past 3 years since i got sober, and that is what happiness means to me, being surrounded by those you love most and being able to make them happy, being able to make their lives better.
6. What do you do when you aren’t blogging?
Taking care of my little ones or occasionally getting lost in one of my new dramas on television.
7. What are your dreams for your future?
To raise my children to be good, happy, and stable men, and for my husband and i to one day be able to take that trip to Ireland.
8. What makes you unique?
I dont know that i am all that unique, but if i were to pick something that might make me unique it would be my ability to persevere and my very strange love for all things zombie.
9. What is one thing you think would make the world a better place?
This is a tough one and if asked 20 years ago my answer would have been different, but now i think the best answer is strength. People use to be much stronger and could handle much more, but so many people now just give up or quit when things get hard, it is no longer being taught that strength is just as important as all of the other things. Strength is a very important key to life and survival.
10. What would your Apocalypse look like, and who and what role would you play in it?
Zombies of course, and i would be the one who saves everyone from the zombies and themselves.
My nominees are
Your questions are
1. What do you think is your best quality?
2. What is your biggest regret?
3. Name someone you have looked up to in life, and tell us why.
4. If you had to choose between being a cop or a doctor which would you choose and why?
5. Have you ever been in a fight, if so what was it over?
6. If you could meet one person alive or passed on who would it be, and why?
7. Have you ever had a near death experience?
8. Have you ever experienced a miracle, if so what was it?
9. What is your favorite show or movie?
10. Do you think a person can ever truly change or not?
Again thanks so much laura for nominating me, this was fun. If you dont know these awesome bloggers you should check them out, they do not disappoint.
so i was nominated for 3 awards this time, first i was nominated for The One Lovely blog award by http://skinnyandsingle.wordpress.com/, and i was nominated for the Liebster award and The Versatile Blogger award by Andy over at http://lawsonandy.wordpress.com/. Thankyou both so much i really appreciate being nominated, especially by 2 people as awesome as yawl. Now i just recently got the one lovely blog award and the versatile blogger award so im not gonna do those again, but it has been a while since i got the liebster award so i am gonna do that one.
The rules for this award are…
1. Thank the person who nominated you for the award
2. Display the banner/sticker/logo on your blog
3. Answer the questions the award giver asked
4. List 11 facts about yourself
5. List your nominees
The 11 questions…
1. If you could make one piece of clothing illegal, what would it be? Hoochie shorts, the ones that look like underwear, seriously my kids dont need to see that.
2. If you could travel anywhere, for free, where would you go? And why? Ireland, I would love to see where my ancestors came from.
3. If the bank made a mistake, and put sixty thousand dollars in your account, what would you do? Put 15 thousand in savings accounts for each of my children.
4. What are your thoughts on legalizing marijuana? I dont really think we need another drug that is legal, but at the same time i dont think that marijuana is as bad as alcohol.
5.What is your favorite childhood memory? My dad standing at the end of the hallway and picking me up just like the scene from the movie dirty dancing, we would do this every night for a good while after i saw the movie, i was about 7.
6. What did you want to be when you grew up, and what do you do instead? A wife and mother, my dreams came true.
7. What happened on the best workday you’ve ever had? I am a stay at home mom so if my kids arent sick and they go to sleep before midnight then its an awesome day.
8. What was your favorite thing that your mother used to cook for you? My mother never did anything right as a mother, but i loved her chicken and dumplins.
9. Do you believe in soul mates or love at first sight? I dont know about love at first sight, but i do believe in soul mates, i am with mine.
10. If you could go back in time, and change one thing, what would it be? If i could retain the knowledge i have now i would go back and tell myself to never drink or do drugs.
11. Are you married? And if so, describe your proposal. Yes, I was working as a barista at the time, on my lunch break Darrell came down and we were walking in front of the court house (which is beautiful)
11 facts about me…
1. My middle name is Nicole.
2. I dont like movies about space, like star wars.
3. I never had an imaginary friend or really believed in Santa.
4. I never thought aging would bother me, it does.
5. I am not a morning person, i have to make myself be in a good mood in the mornings.
6. I get very cranky when im hungry.
7. I can catch almost any animal with my hands, i have caught possum, rabbits, snakes, and chickens, and thats just in my yard.
8. I love shark week
9. I dont like to kill things, even bugs and spiders. I will catch them in a cup and put them outside.
10. I love the show Fast and Loud and street outlaws
11. I have 2 dogs like 13 cats and about 35 chickens, all outside animals except for one dog.
Now for the nominees…
My questions for the nominees…
1. If you had one wish what would it be?
2. If you could change one law, what would it be and why?
3. What is your favorite movie?
4. What is your dream job?
5. If you could travel to a different time period, when would it be?
6. Do you love zombies, if not why?
7. Who is your favorite actor/actress
8. Do you now or have you ever had a nickname?
9. What would you want your last meal to be?
10. What is your biggest fear?
11. Do you think im awesome? lol